T.S. Grewal's Double Entry Book Keeping (Financial Accounting)
We are pleased to present the latest edition of Double Entry Book Keeping for CBSE Class XI. We are extremely
grateful to the teachers and students for their continued support ever since its first publication in 1970.
The CBSE vide its Syllabus notified on 21st April, 2022, has deleted the following topics/chapters for the
academic session 2022–23:
1. Bank Reconciliation Statement with Amended Cash Book;
2. Bills of Exchange;
3. Accounts from Incomplete Records—Single Entry System; and
4. Computers in Accounting.
This edition of the book has been thoroughly revised and prepared in accordance with the syllabus
prescribed by the CBSE for the 2022–23 academic session. We are confident that users of this book will
find it interesting and easy to understand.
The book contains new illustrations and questions which are in line with the syllabus and
current pattern of examination. Inclusion of Missing Value Questions and Objective Type/Multiple
Choice Questions (MCQs) in all chapters having numerical questions and a Collage towards the end
of the book (in QR Code) are important highlights of the book which also meet the examination pattern.
Scannable technology has been used in the book to provide material (text, illustrations and questions) to
the students. The same can be accessed by scanning the relevant QR Code. This has not only helped in
containing the volume of the book but also in keeping a check on the price.
Salient Features of the book are:
* GST—principles and concepts—along with its effect on recording of transactions discussed, making
the concept clear and understandable
* Class-tested and well-graded material
* Simple and lucid textual flow
* Necessary content to impart a sound theoretical and conceptual base
* Ample illustrations, diagrams, formats and tables for better understanding of the subject
* Objective Type Questions/Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and Short Answer Questions at
chapter-end and also as a Collage towards the end of the book (in QR Code), thus meeting the 2022–23
* Case-based/Source-based Integrated Questions
* Missing Value Questions
* Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) Questions and Very Short Answer Type Questions along with
their answers in each chapter
* Weightage to each topic according to the marks and periods allotted by the CBSE
* Project Work
Pane 2 Content
and so on ...